Welsh Lamb Curry with Aubergine and Figs
- 675g (12/2lb) Lean Welsh Lamb, Shoulder
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) Garam Masala
- 450ml (3/4pint) Lamb Stock
- 5ml (1tsp) Cinnamon
- 1 Aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 6 Dried figs, roughly chopped
- For the coriander salsa:
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 30ml (2tbsps) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green chilli, desseded and finely chopped
- Chapatis to serve
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180C, 350F
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the Welsh Lamb cubes and brown on all sides. Add the onion and garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the garam masala and coat all the ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, cover with lid or foil. Cook in preheated oven for 11/2-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce thickened.
- Make salsa: Mix together in a small bowl all the ingredients.
- Serve the curry scattered with coriander salsa and rolled up chapatis.