Warm mackerel and potato salad
This delicious recipe is provided by the Potato Council.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Cost per serving: £1.07
- 650g Salad potatoes (Charlotte recommended)
- 250g smoked peppered mackerel fillets
- 150g cucumber
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Thickly slice the potatoes and place in a pan. Cover with boiling water from the kettle, return to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- While the potatoes cook, remove the skin from the mackerel and discard. Break the flesh into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Halve the cucumber and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Finely chop the cucumber flesh and add to the bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice and chives to the bowl and mix well.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, then add to the bowl and mix everything together. Season to taste. Serve with a crisp watercress salad.