Turkey and Butternut Squash Stew
Nutritional Values per portion
Total fat 10.2g
Saturated fat 2.1g
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 900ml turkey stock
- 450g peeled and diced butternut squash
- 150g baby corn
- 400g cooked British turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
- 150g sugarsnap peas
- 225g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp cornflour
- Handful chopped mint
- Handful chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, harissa, cinnamon and stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and baby corn and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey, sugarsnap peas and cherry tomatoes and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes soften and the turkey is heated right through.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsps of water. Stir this paste into the stew and simmer until thickened. Stir in the mint and coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.