The Ultimate Spring Salad
Recipe courtesy of Co-op Food Magazine
Fat - 10.6g
Saturates - 5.1g
Sugars - 5.8g
Salt - 0.7g
- 650g Co-op Jersey Royals
- 125g Co-op British asparagus, tips and stems separated
- 100g Co-op frozen peas
- 300g Co-op frozen broad beans
- 200g radishes, sliced
- 100g Feta, crumbled
- For the dressing: 1 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- For the garnish: 2 tbsp breadcrumbs, toasted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 12-15 mins, or until just tender. Drain and cool, then cut into slices.
- Use a vegetables peeler to shave the asparagus stems into ribbons and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas and broad beans in boiling water for 4-5 mins, adding the asparagus tips for the last minute. Drain and plunge into cold water to refresh.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and season, then mix the ingredients for the garnish together in a separate bowl.
- Drain the asparagus ribbons and toss with the potatoes, peas, beans, asparagus tips and radishes. Add the dressing and toss again to make sure everything is coated. Served in a big bowl sprinkled wiith the crumbled Feta and the garnish.