Thai inspired chicken salad
- 2 British chicken breasts
- 1 green chilli
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g carrots
- 300g white cabbage
- 50g peanuts, chopped
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp muscovado sugar
- Remove and discard the seeds and membranes from the chilli and cut it into thin strips. Cut the lime leaves into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips of 1 cm, and fry in the oil with the chilli and lime leaves for approximately 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Add the garlic for the last minute and stir constantly.
- Cut the carrots into very thin slices and slice the cabbage finely.
- Whisk the dressing until the sugar has dissolved. Mix together all the ingredients and garnish with peanuts and coriander.