Ten minute turkey with peas and leeks
Per Serving 387 kcals, 12g FAT
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 300ml turkey or chicken stock
- 4 skinless British turkey breast escalopes, cut into 1-2cm strips
- 1 large leek, rinsed and finely chopped
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 225g frozen peas, cooked
- salt & pepper
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the turkey strips, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lift out the turkey pieces and keep warm, then bring the stock back to a rapid boil until reduced by two thirds.
- Meanwhile, cook the leek in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and keep warm.
- Add the cream, mustard, parsley and peas to the reduced stock. Then stir in the cooked turkey and leeks and heat gently to warm through.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve straight away in bowls, with boiled