Tea Smoked Breast of duck, orange and Glazed plum salad
Recipe from our partner - Whiting & Hammond
- 2 duck breasts
- 6 Roobios tea bags
- 2 oranges
- 3 plums
- 500g mixed salad
- 30ml olive oil
- Sugar to sprinkle
- Start by heating your smoking tray on an open gas. Once hot add your tea bags and light with a blow torch to start the smoking. Add the duck breast to the insert, skin side up and place over the smoke and cover. Reduce the heat to medium. After 8 minutes cooking remove lid, flip the breast so it is skin side down and carry on cooking for a further 4 minutes or until it's reached desired cooking preference.
- Pre-heat the frying pan, then place the breasts in skin side down to render down the fat until crisp and golden. Then chill down.
- While the duck breasts are cooling down, zest the oranges in to the olive oil, then peel and remove the pith, segment, then squeeze in the juice from the pulp to the olive oil and whisk.
- Destone the plums and cut each half into 3. Once the duck is chilled the dish is ready to be plated.
- To assemble the plate: Cut the duck breast lengthways and display at one end of the plate. Place the dressed leaves across the plate then arrange the plums and oranges around, drizzle any remaining orange oil around the plate.