Tandoori style prawns
Recipe supplied by Heart of England Fine Foods.
Serves 4 as a snack or starter.
- 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 250g/10oz large peeled raw prawns
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- Place yoghurt in a bowl and lightly beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy. Add ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, cumin, garam masala and turmeric. Push this liquid through a sieve, add the prawns and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan, remove the prawns from the marinade and fry the marinade in the butter until thick and bubbly. Add the prawns and cook quickly until pink, do not over cook.
- Serve in a bowl with cocktail sticks, or on a bed of basmati rice as a starter.