Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Drizzle
We just love these seasonal strawberry cupcakes from lovely blogger www.onlycrumbsremain.co.uk
- For the batter: 120g Butter, unsalted & softed
- 120g Caster Sugar (White or Golden)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 120g SR Flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- For the chocolate ganache: 50g Dark Chocolate
- 40ml Double cream
- For the butter cream frosting: 140g butter, unsalted & softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extra
- Extras - 7 fresh strawberries, washed & dried
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Fan 170C, 375F, Gas 5. Put the muffin cases into the muffin tray.
To make the sponge:
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and then continue to mix.
- Slowly add the beaten egg whilst continuing to beat.
- Add in the milk, beat in.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture with a spatula or large metal spoon.
- Fill the muffin cases with the mixture using a teaspoon until they are 3/4 full.
- Put the muffin tray into the centre of the oven to bake for 20-23 minutes (you can rotate the tray halfway through)
- Once the cupcakes are cooked, place them onto a rack to cool.
To make the chocolate ganache:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put into a bowl.
- Heat the cream over a medium heat, do not let it boil
- Pour the cream into the bowl with the chocolate and stir with a teaspoon. As the chocolate melts, the ganache will become smooth.
To make the butter cream icing:
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl until it is soft and creamy.
- Sieve half of the icing sugar and mix with the softened butter.
- Sieve the rest of the icing sugar into the bowl and mix.
- Add in the vanilla and continue to mix until the frosting is light and creamy. Add a little milk as necessary to achieve nice piping consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, pipe on a swirl of frosting, add a British strawberry and drizzle with chocolate ganache.