Stilton Lamb Chops with Mango Salsa
I love the combination of savoury flavours with sweet fruits, especially where cheese is involved. This recipe might sound a bit strange but trust me it works and is just the thing to brighten up a dull Monday!
Credit: Alex Hollywood. Recipe taken from Cooking Tonight by Alex Hollywood (Hodder & Stoughton £25)
- 8 lamb chops
- 50g Stilton cheese
- a few mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the mango salsa
- 1 large manjo, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions, chopped 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the salsa mix together the mango, onion, orange zest, chilli and spring onions. Whisk together the oil and orange juice. Season this with salt and pepper. Keep both separate for now.
- Preheat the grill.
- Roughly mash together the Stilton and mint. Drizzle the chops with oil and season then grill for 2–3 minutes on each side. Once browned top each one with some of the Stilton mix and grill for a further 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Dress the mango and onion mixture with the oil and orange juice.
- Serve the chops with the mango salsa, perhaps with some new potatoes and a green salad.