Spring Citrus Chicken
Recipe supplied by Co-op Food Magazine
Feeds 4, ready in 2 hours
Energy 2044kj/484 kcal
- 1 Co-op medium whole British chicken
- Zest of 1/2 and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Co-op wholegrain mustard
- 11/2 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- 8 cloves garlic, 6 crushed, 2 left whole and unpeeled
- 600g Co-op Jersey Royals, halved if large
- 11/2tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 50g Co-op British asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper, season with black pepper and put in a roasting dish.
- Mix the orange and lemon juice and zest with the mustard, honey and crushed garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour 20 mins, basting regularly. If the skin gets too brown, cover with foil and add a splash of water to the tray. Rest for 30 mins, loosely cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, put the Jersey Royals in a roasting tray with the unpeeled garlic, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil and season with black pepper. Roast for 25-30 mins, until golden. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and stir through the potatoes.
- Toss the asparagus in the rest of the oil and fry or griddle until tender. Pour the pan juices over the chicken and potatoes, and serve with the asparagus on the side. Add slices of lemon and orange, if you like.