Spicy Vegetable Fritters with Lime Yoghurt Dip
Use up any leftover veg for this recipe. I like to use squash, pepper, asparagus, new potatoes, onions and green beans but you can also try aubergine, courgettes and even canned sweetcorn if it needs bulking out a little bit. It’s ready in minutes and is completely satisfying.
Credit: Alex Hollywood. Recipe taken from Cooking Tonight by Alex Hollywood (Hodder & Stoughton £25)
- 250g cooked vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- a small bunch of coriander, chopped (keep some to garnish)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce or chilli flakes
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- For the lime yogurt dip:
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Chop up the cooked veg and place in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, coriander, turmeric, chilli sauce, spring onions and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until you have a loose batter consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. When hot fry spoonfuls of the mixture pressing them down slightly for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Mix together the yogurt, lime juice and zest. Season well.
- Serve the fritters with a scattering of coriander leaves and the lime yogurt. It's as simple as that.