Spicy potato with chicken and tomato
This delicious recipe is provided by the Potato Council.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 17 mins
Cost per serving: £0.68
- 650g Salad potatoes, halved (Charlotte recommended)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes until soft. Add the potatoes, garlic, cumin and chilli and cook for a further minute, stirring.
- Add the chicken, canned tomatoes, then half fill the can with water and add this to the pan. Bring the mixture to the boil then simmer uncovered for 14 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the sauce thickened slightly. Stir in the coriander and season to taste. Serve in bowls with green beans.