Smoked guinea fowl, Staffordshire cheese and apricot salad
Recipe supplied by Heart of England Fine Foods.
- 340g/12ozs smoked guinea fowl
- 225g/8ozs hard Staffordshire cheese
- 170g/6ozs dried apricots
- 6flozs orange juice
- 55g/2ozs olive oil
- Fresh thyme and sage
- Mixed salad leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Bring the dried apricots to the boil in the orange juice and turn off. Leave to stand overnight and infuse with a little sage.
- Finely dice the guinea fowl and roughly break the cheese. Chop up some of the apricots and mix with the cheese and guinea fowl.
- Put the soaked apricots and some olive oil through a food processor to puree. Pass through a sieve.
- Put the guinea fowl mixture onto the salad leaves and drizzle the apricot sauce around.