Sea Bream with Ginger and Scallions
This recipe was supplied to Love British Food by Sea's The Day. Find out more about them on their Facebook page.
- 2 large Selsey sea bream fillets
- 4 spring onions (scallions) cleaned and cut into 2cm lengths
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a heavy bottomed sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of oil until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add the fillets skin side down. Grind a little black pepper over the fish. Sear for 2 minutes to obtain a good crisp skin.
- Carefully turn the fish over with a fish slice, reduce the heat to low, continue to cook for a minute or until the flesh is no longer translucent.
- Remove the fish and place skin side up on hot serving plates. Put the pan back on the heat, add the other tablespoon of oil along with the ginger and scallions. Fry for 30 seconds, add the soy sauce and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Just before you spoon the soy jus over the fish fillets, peel back the skin. This lets the juices permeate the fish.
- Serve with fresh watercress and sauté potatoes.