Salad of spiced Gloucestershire Old Spot
Recipe supplied by Heart of England Fine Foods.
- 450g/2 fillets of Gloucester Old Spot
- ½ red chilli
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemongrass
- ½ ginger
- 1/2tsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- curly endive
- lambs lettuce
- 1 red apple
- 1 celery stick
- 12 x ½ walnuts
- ¼ pt of a vinaigrette dressing
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ bunch tarragon
- Seal and colour the outsides of the pork in a hot pan, then leave to cool. Chop the spices together, add salt and mix with soy sauce. Smear over the fillets of pork and wrap tightly in Clingfilm. Put in fridge for 12 hours. When ready to use roast in oven 220c for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the apple and celery into batons, mix together and break walnuts into the mixture. Tear endive into mixture add lambs lettuce, season and add 2tbsp of the vinaigrette. Strip tarragon and mix in.
- Slice the pork and lay in circle round outside of a plate. Mix the salad and lay in the middle of the plate/ Dribble the rest of vinaigrette mixed with chopped parsley round outside and over meat.