Prosecco & Strawberry Jellies
Big thanks to Seasoned Cookery School for this delicious recipe for Prosecco & Strawberry Jellies. Seasoned Cookery School are one of our members.
- For the jelly:
- 5 sheets of leaf gelatine
- 420ml water
- 1 lemon
- 75g caster sugar
- 280ml prosecco, well chilled
- 3 strawberries
- For the topping:
- 150ml whipping cream
- 80ml prosecco
- 6 strawberries
- Silver balls, for decoration
- Put the leaves of gelatine in some cold water and allow to soak for around 5 minutes, until they're soft.
- Put the water in a saucepan along with the lemon zest and sugar. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat. Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves then whisk in to the lemon water.
- Stir in the lemon juice then pass through a fine sieve lined with muslin. You don't want the lemon peel in the final dish.
- Slice the 3 strawberries and share them between the six glasses.
- Chill the jelly for 1-1.5 hours until it is just about (but not completely) set then gently stir in the 280ml of prosecco until jelly and prosecco are combined. Carefully spoon the jelly into serving glasses. Cover and chill for 4 hours in the fridge. .
- When you're ready to serve, softly whip your cream then stir in the 80ml of prosecco. Spoon over the set jellies, sprinkle with silver balls and serve with sliced strawberries.