Potato with salsa verde
This delicious recipe is provided by the Potato Council.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Cost per serving: £0.76
- 650g Salad potatoes (Charlotte recommended)
- 3tbsp capers in brine, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and place in a pan. Cover with boiling water from the kettle, return to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- While the potatoes cook, roughly chop the capers and place in a large bowl with the chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice and oil. Mix everything together with a fork then add seasoning to taste.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, then add to the bowl and mix everything together. Serve warm with grilled or barbecued food.