Potato Salad with Watercress, Peas and Ham
This delicious recipe is provided by the Potato Council.
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 17 minutes.
- 650g Salad potatoes (Charlotte are recommended)
- 150g frozen peas
- 100g pack watercress, large stalks removed
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 90g flaked ham hock or chopped ham
- 4tbsp low fat dressing
- Cut each potato into quarters and place in a pan. Cover with boiling water from the kettle, return to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Remove the pan from the heat, add the peas and stir well. Leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, roughly chop the watercress and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, ham and dressing and mix.
- Drain the potatoes and peas in a colander, then add to the bowl and mix everything together and season to taste. Leave to cool - the flavours will develop. Serve warm or cold with salad leaves.