Plump Co-op British pears, simply poached with British blackberries. Recipe supplied by Co-op Food Magazine
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Energy: 891kj, 211kcal
- 50g Co-op light brown soft sugar
- 100g Co-op British blackberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Co-op British pears, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp reduced fat creme fraiche
- Put the sugar, 250ml water, half the blackberries and the vanilla essence in a pan, and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears, bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for 15-20 mins until tender.
- Remove the pears and boil the remaining mixture for a few more mins, until slightly syrupy.
- Put the pears back into the pan, add the remaining blackberries and leave to cool. Serve at room temperature, along with the creme fraiche.