Pear and Ginger Flapjacks
Recipe supplied by Co-op Food Magazine
Energy: 875kj, 208kcal
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 100g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Co-op Fairtrade banana
- 3 Co-op British pears, peeled, cored and grated
- 350g Co-op porridge oats
- 2.5cm ginger, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Fan 160C, Gas 4. Grease a 25cm x 21cm baking tin, and line with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until dissolved.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl, then add the pears, oats and ginger and mix together.
- Pour the syrup over the oat mixture, stir and spoon into the tin. Bake for 20 mins, until golden.
- Score the bake into 15 pieces and leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.