Pea & Mint Pesto Soup
A delicious Summer soup recipe supplied to us by Seasoned Cookery School - www.seasonedcourses.com
- 500g frozen peas
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- 10g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Put the peas, potatoes and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
- While the peas and potatoes are cooking get started on the pesto. You can make the pesto in either a small blender or a pestle and mortar.
- Put the mint leaves, pine nuts, garlic clove, olive oil and parmesan in the blender and pulse until you have a paste.
- When the potatoes have cooked, blend the soup until smooth. Top with a spoonful of pesto before serving.