Pea & Goat's Cheese Linguine
Recipe courtesy of Co-op Food Magazine
- 180g Co-op linguine
- 25g pine nuts
- 150g Co-op frozen peas, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 50g Co-op goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 x 28g pack basil, chopped (optional)
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, and dry fry the pine nuts for 2-3 mins, until golden.
- Reserve a handful of the peas, then blend the rest with the garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, 30g of the goat's cheese and most of the chopped basil, if using, into a rough paste. Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the water. Return to the pan with the pasta water, and stir in the pesto and reserved peas. Warm through, then serve sprinkled with the rest of the goat's cheese and basil, and the chilli flakes.