Partridge, woodland Mushrooms & Kale
This delicious recipe was created for Love British Food by the amazing folk at Seasoned Cookery School!
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 partridge breasts or Pigeon if out of season
- 150g mixed woodland mushrooms - Shiitake, Oyster, Enoki, Maitake
- 25g butter
- 8 blackberries
- 80g of Kale
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Add a little bit of Rapeseed oil to a large frying pan and place onto a high heat
- Season the partridge breasts with salt and pepper & then place into the hot frying pan for 1-2 minutes, turning over once golden. Don't be tempted to touch or move the partridge too soon - it needs to seal on one side before it is moved). Once the partridge breasts are cooked to your liking, remove from the pan and leave on a clean board / plate to rest.
- Add the mixed exotic mushrooms to the same pan, along with the butter and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Kale & blackberries to the pan of mushrooms, allowing the kale to get crispy & the blackberries to soak up any of the remaining partridge juices.
- Divide the kale & blueberries evenly between the two serving plates. Slice the Partridge breasts and arrange on the plate, then scatter the mushrooms evenly. Pour any remaining juices over the dish.