Oakhill New Potato, Pea & Mint Quiche
This recipe is from our partner Wyke Farms.
Preparation time: 65 minutes
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 250g plain flour
- 125g Wyke Farms Extra Mature Cheddar, finely grated
- 150g frozen peas, soaked in warm water to defrost, then drained
- 6 large free range eggs
- 350ml milk
- Few sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 6. Grease and line a 28cm metal fluted tart tin.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 50g of the cheese, freshly ground black pepper and enough ice cold-water to just bind the mixture to form a soft dough (about 60-70ml).
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board and use it to line the tin. Prick the base with a fork and then line it with baking paper and fill it with baking beans. Bake blind for 30 minutes, removing the beans and paper after 20 minutes to allow the base to crisp up.
- Halve the potatoes and lay them over the pastry base followed by the peas and the rest of the cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, season and stir in the mint. Pour carefully into the pastry base and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and just set.
- To prepare quick - use pre-made pastry - it's ok - we won't tell anyone!