Medallions of Staffordshire beef with a mustard crust
Recipe supplied by Heart of England Find Foods.
- 4 x 70g/6oz beef rump medallions
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp English mustard
- 1tsp chopped chives
- 6 slices of bread, crusts removed & whizzed in food processor
- Flour to dust
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic buttter to serve
- Sweat the onion in some olive oil until soft and put into a bowl. Mix in the mustard, chives and bread crumbs.
- Season and dust one side of the beef with flour then add a coating of the breadcrumb and mustard crust.
- Pre-heat a pan with some oil and put the steak, crust side down, to seal until golden. Turn over and cook the steak to your liking.
- Serve with some garlic butter.