Luke Thomas's Welsh Lamb Curry
Luke Thomas is the UK's youngest head chef. He said: "This recipe is one of my all time favourites. I love a good curry and to utilise a good cut like the neck which is full of flavour is well worth the lengthy cooking process".
- 500g Welsh Lamb Neck Fillet (diced)
- 2 white onions (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Red chilli (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Curry paste, use to your taste but I would use a masala
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- Bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- Natural yogurt (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a casserole pan or large saucepan, sweat the onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes until it starts to soften
- Now add the diced Welsh lamb, let the lamb get some colour and then turn/stir to let the lamb colour evenly.
- Add the curry paste, mix through all of the lamb and onion mix. Cook out for a few minutes to start to cook the spices.
- Now it's time to add the tin tomatoes, coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling either turn to a lower heat or place a lid/tin foil on the pan and cook in the oven slowly for a good 3 hours, if not use the hob for 2 hours and let gently simmer.
- Once the lamb has been cooking for 2-3 hours it'll be nice and tender and the flavour will be really delicious. At this stage add the coriander and drizzle on some of the Natural yogurt and serve.