Lobster with Garlic Seaweed Mayonnaise
This recipe was supplied to Love British Food by Sea's The Day. Find out more about them on their Facebook page.
- 1 Selsey lobster
- 250g block butter
- 2tbp chopped garlic
- 1 tbp chopped tarragon
- 100ml plain mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp deep fried seaweed
- 50g sea salt flakes
- 5g rosemary
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp water
- 5g fresh mint
- pinch salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of salty water to the boil. Place the lobster in the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes for a 500g lobster. Once cooked, cool down with ice-cold water. Then lightly grill.
- Garlic and tarragon butter
Slowly melt all three ingredients together then pour liberally over the lobster.
- Garlic and seaweed mayonnaise
Mix all the ingredients together and serve alongside the lobster and fries
- Rosemary and sea salt fries
Blitz the salt and rosemary together then sprinkle over your favourite fries.
- Local watercress with homemade French dressing
Shake all the ingredients together in a glass jar. Pour over the watercress and serve alongside the lobster and fries.