Hotdogs with cucumber relish
From our Official Partner - Co-op - quite possibly the best hotdog you'll ever taste. Cucumber might sound like a strange topping, but it really works.
- 4 Co-op British pork sausages
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 small white onions, finely sliced
- 4 hotdog rolls
- 2 tbsp American-style mustard (optional)
- 1/2 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 shallot, very finely sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas 5. Mix together the cucumber, shallot, vinegar and sugar in a non-metallic bowl (to stop the vinegar reacting to it) and set aside.
- Place the sausages on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20-25 mins, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently soften the onion for 15-20 mins. If you find its starting to colour too much, add a splash of water to the pan.
- Slice the hotdog rolls lengthways, spread with the mustard, if using, and spoon in a generous amount of fried onions. Put a sausage in each roll, top with as much cucumber relish as you like, and enjoy while still piping hot.
- Tip: Any leftover cucumber relish is delicious served with mature Cheddar and crusty bread.