Your browser is out-of-date!
Newer is always better! Why not update your browser to experience the web how it is meant to be?
Update my browser now
Warm salad of smoked haddock with butter sauce and chives
- spinach leaves or water cress - enough to cover a dinner plate
- 4 boiled potatoes - sliced (skin left on)
- 170g smoked haddock fillet - thinly sliced
- chopped chives
- large knob of butter
- 1/2 glass of fruity white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- pepper to season
- Arrange the salad leaves on your plate. Poach the smoked haddock slices in the butter and white wine. It will only take about a minute. Lift out the haddock and arrange on the salad leaves.
- Re-heat the potato slices in the wine and butter mixture and add to the salad.
- Keep the sauce on a low heat, add the lemon juice and some freshly milled pepper. Lightly coat each slice of fish and potato with the sauce. Scatter with chopped chives to serve.