Warm salad of smoked haddock with butter sauce and chives
- spinach leaves or water cress - enough to cover a dinner plate
- 4 boiled potatoes - sliced (skin left on)
- 170g smoked haddock fillet - thinly sliced
- chopped chives
- large knob of butter
- 1/2 glass of fruity white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- pepper to season
- Arrange the salad leaves on your plate. Poach the smoked haddock slices in the butter and white wine. It will only take about a minute. Lift out the haddock and arrange on the salad leaves.
- Re-heat the potato slices in the wine and butter mixture and add to the salad.
- Keep the sauce on a low heat, add the lemon juice and some freshly milled pepper. Lightly coat each slice of fish and potato with the sauce. Scatter with chopped chives to serve.