Devonshire clotted cream panna cotta, elderflower poached strawberries, meringue
This recipes is from our partners - Whiting & Hammond - www.whitingandhammond.co.uk
- Clotted cream panna cotta: 150g clotted cream
- 300ml double cream
- 50ml milk
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 bronze leaves gelatine
- 100ml cold water
- Elderflower poached strawberries: 12 ripe strawberries
- 150ml elderflower cordial
- 400ml water
- Strawberry Meringue: 50g egg white
- 50g caster sugar
- 10g freeze dried strawberry pieces
- Clotted cream panna cotta: Place the gelatine in the cold water for 5 minutes to soften. While the gelatine is in the water bring the double cream, milk, sugar & clotted cream up to 90c. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to 70c. Remove the gelatine leaves from the water squeezing out any excess water. Add the gelatine leaves to the clotted cream, mix and strain through a fine sieve. Set into desired mould.
- Elderflower poached strawberries: Remove the tops of the strawberries. Place the elderflower cordial and water together in a pan with the strawberries and gently heat until the strawberries have softened. Remove from the water and allow to cool.
- Strawberry Meringue: Place the egg whites in a clean and dry bowl or stand mixer and whisk. Gradually adding the sugar, bit by bit until fully incorporated into a glossy meringue. Spread thinly on to a baking paper lined tray and sprinkle with the freeze dried strawberry pieces and place in the oven at 90C for approx. 1 hour or not wet to touch.
- To assemble the dish: Place the pannacotta on the dish, add the small diced marinated strawberries to the top of the pannacotta. Arrange the poached strawberries next to the pannacotta, then lay the shards against the poached strawberries. Serves 4.