Co-op Irresistible Bubble & Squeak
This recipe is from our Partner - Greenvale Potatoes - and was created for them by food photographer and blogger Stacey Horler - http://goodnessisgorgeous.co.uk
- 500g Co-op Irresistible Mashing Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 125g cabbage, shredded
- 125g kale, shredded
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A little olive oil, for frying
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain the water then in small batches use the potato ricer to create smooth silky mashed potato.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, steam the cabbage and kale in a separate pan for 5 minutes until tender. Once cooked mix the potatoes, greens and spring onions together.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet, and then add in the potato mixture. Level it out and press down flat.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until a crispy layer has formed on the bottom of the potato mixture, then place the pan under the grill for another 10 minutes, or until it has crisped up on the top.
- Serve immediately.