Your browser is out-of-date!
Newer is always better! Why not update your browser to experience the web how it is meant to be?
Update my browser now
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 150ml low fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 900g Co-op skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g cashew nuts, chopped
- 100g tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Co-op runny honey
- 150ml Co-op double cream
- Sprinkling of cashew nuts, chopped coriander, rice, chutney and poppadoms to serve (optional)
- Put 1 tbsp of the oil, yogurt, garam masala, turmeric, paprika, chilli, cumin, ginger and garlic into a large bowl and mix. Add the chicken, cover and leave in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, add the lemon juice to the chicken. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry a few pieces of chicken, until golden. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and gently soften for 5 mins. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the cashew nuts with 200ml water, the tomato puree, honey and cream, stir and cook gently for 20-25 mins, until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle cashew nuts and coriander over the top and serve with rice, mango chutney and poppadoms if you like.