Your browser is out-of-date!
Newer is always better! Why not update your browser to experience the web how it is meant to be?
Update my browser now
Champflower Cheddar and Kale Pasta Bake
- 350g Penne Pasta
- 180g Kale, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 125g Wyke Farms, Salted Farmhouse Butter
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1l milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 350g Wyke Farms Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh chives, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 6.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook your pasta for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile rinse and drain the kale. When the pasta is ready, add the kale, leave for 30 seconds and then drain to a colander.
- Tip the pasta and kale into a large ovenproof dish and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the butter, flour and milk into a medium-sized saucepan on a low heat.
- Stir the content continuously (or it will go lumpy) for about 4-5 minutes until it is thick and bubbling.
- Stir in the mustard and most of the cheese (save some to sprinkle on top).
- Season with sale and pepper and then add the chives.
- Pour this sauce over the pasta and kale, spreading evenly to coat the pasta.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese (saving a tiny bit), arrange the tomato slices on top and then add the final flourish of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.