British marinaded trout with BBQ asparagus and rocket
Recipe from the British Trout Association.
- 75g rocket
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 2 trout fillets
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 4 thyme branches
- 275g asparagus
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges to serve
- To make the rocket aioli; in a food processor whiz together the rocket, mayonnaise, garlic and mustard until smooth. Tip out into a bowl and stir in the crème fraiche. Season to taste.
- Rub four large squares of foil with a little oil. Lay the trout fillets in the centre and sprinkle over the white wine, olive oil and lemon juice and rind. Top with thyme branches, fold the foil over the fish and bring in the sides.
- Serve the parcels on plates and let your guests release them. When unwrapped, spoon over a generous spoon of rocket aioli and serve with the grilled asparagus, lemon wedges and accompany with Jersey new potatoes cooked in mint and tossed in butter.