Baked pumpkin, tofu and maple-glazed Autumn salad
This recipe is from our partners - Whiting & Hammond
- 1 small pumpkin, peel and diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 pack tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 200g kale, picked and washed
- 80ml maple syrup
- 50g chestnuts, chopped
- 50g pecans, chopped
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Place the pumpkin, thyme, onions and vegetable oil and roast on 160C for approx 35 mins, or until soft.
- Drain the water from the tofu and rinse, then cut into small cubes, put into a bowl. Top with the garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and paprika to combine. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before ready, boil a pan of salted water. Place the washed kale in the boiling water and boil for two minutes. Drain immediately, glaze in a frying pan with the maple syrup, dress with chopped nuts.