Baked pea custards
- 500g fresh (shelled) or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Cheshire cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 5 medium eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the over to 180 C/ gas 5. Lightly oil six 150ml ramekin dishes and place on some kitchen paper in a deep roasting pan.
- Drop the peas in a pan of unsalted boiling water, return to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, then drain and tip into a food processor. Add the cheese and process until smooth. Then add the cream and eggs and process until they're thoroughly mixed into a puree. Season to taste.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes and cover the roasting pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Serve warm.