Apple baked fish on potato and anchovy mash
Recipe supplied by Tastes of Anglia and created by Jennie Lock of Wending, Norfolk.
- 500g cod cheeks
- 800g local potatoes
- 50g unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 marinated anchovy fillets
- 2 fresh apples
- 1/2 pint milk
- 75g locally produced onion
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Mix parsley, crushed garlic, lemon rind, seasoning, finely chopped anchovy and finely chopped onion.
- Slice apples and toss in 25g melted butter for 1 minute.
- Peel, slice and parboil the potatoes in seasoned milk and 25g butter. Fold the seasoned parsley mixture into the potatoes.
- Carefully place the savoury potato mash in the base of a deep serving dish. Place the fish pieces over the mash, arrange the apple slices in a central line, dot the top with butter and crunch black pepper over the surface. Bake for 10 minutes, serve with fennel and lime green salad.