Your browser is out-of-date!
Newer is always better! Why not update your browser to experience the web how it is meant to be?
Update my browser now
Rich's Ultimate Welsh Rarebit
- 4 large thick slices of Sourdough Bread (or any bread you wish to use)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp of semi-skilled milk (or beer if you want to be really traditional)
- Few drops of worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 175g Wyke Farms Red Leicester, grated
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- Place the bread slices onto a piece of foil and toast lightly on both sides under the grill.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl to break them up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together well.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the toasted bread.
- Grill under a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.