#BritishFoodisGreat - Competition
Win - a gourmet holiday in a boutique hotel on the south coast
If you want to win a meal for 2 at Michelin-starred restaurant The Elephant courtesy of Simon Hulstone, a top level Michelin starred chef plus overnight stay at the Cary Arms boutique hotel in Torquay then read on or watch Love British Food ambassador Richard Bower tell you how you can get involved below.
To celebrate our young British farmers telling us who they are and that #BritishFoodisGreat we are asking everyone to get involved.
Simply film yourself saying ‘British Food is Great’ and post the film on Twitter with #BritishFoodisGreat and tag in @LoveBritishFood. Think about what
you are doing and where you could film it. If you are a farmer you could film yourself doing an everyday task or something a bit unusual, fun or creative.
Maybe on a tractor or feeding the animals.
But, you don’t have to be a farmer to take part. Just film a clip of you serving up a truly British dinner, out walking in the countryside looking at the animals (please don’t wander on private property or approach any animals) or even visiting a local farm.
Post the film on your twitter/instagram account and add in #BritishFoodisGreat and tag us in @LoveBritishFood.
Simon Hulstone, chef proprietor at The Elephant, is an award winning chef with a talent for using local, seasonal produce to create memorable flavours. Simon has represented his country on more than 20 occasions, twice in the world’s most prestigious culinary contest. The Elephant, overlooking Torbay harbour, has held its Michelin star since 2006. www.elephantrestaurant.co.uk
The restaurant even has a dedicated farm in South Devon encompassing 69 acres of land. With pigs, sheep, hens and KellyBronze turkeys plus a close relationship with Suttons Seeds and Dobies of Devon, they have a constant supply of seasonal fruit, meat, herbs, flowers and vegetables.
Cary Arms combines all the values of a classic English Inn with the style and comfort of one of the best luxury hotels in Devon. www.caryarms.co.uk
Terms and conditions:
- 1.Meal for 2 people to the value of £200 to be taken at The Elephant, Torquay by end December 2018. Prize provided by Simon Hulstonewww.elephantrestaurant.co.uk
- 2.Hotel accommodation for 2 guests in double or twin room at The Cary Arms to be taken by end December 2018, excludes bank holidays, Christmas, Easter and is subject to availability.
- 3.All clips must be posted on Twitter and/or Instagram to be entered into the competition and include @LoveBritishFood and #BritishFoodisGreat. The clip must include person saying ‘British Food is Great’
- 4.Judges will pick the winner and their decision is final.Closing date 30th April 2018. Winner will be notified and winning video shared on website and social media.
- 5.Love British Food has permission to share all entries on social media and website.