The Co-op: Dedicated to British Farming
Our brilliant sponsors The Co-Op are proud to be dedicated to the present and future of British Farming. Take a look at this great video explaining their passion for British Farming.
The Co-op has also become the first retailer to stock 100% British meat.
After investing millions of pounds into UK farming the Co-op is now the only retailer to stock 100% own-brand fresh British beef, chicken, pork, lamb, bacon and turkey. Only using British meat in all its chilled ready meals, pies and sandwiches.
The Co-op’s extended pledges include:
- Invest a minimum of £1.5bn between 2015-18 to source ‘own brand’ British meat, produce and dairy products from the UK
- It will provide only 100% fresh British bacon, lamb, beef, chicken, ham, pork, sausages, and turkey
- Only use British meat in all chilled ready meals, pies and sandwiches (except when using a continental meat eg chorizo)
- Commit to openness and transparency by highlighting sourcing in our sustainability report and to producing a detailed report on our progress each year
- Market British products honestly, clearly identifying British products on packaging and in store
- Develop relationships with our produce grower base and provide greater availability of seasonal produce.
- The Co-operative will extend its Farming Groups
- It will offer only 100% British milk