Richard Bower Q&A
Hear what ambassador Richard Bower had to say when we asked him some questions:
1.Why/how did you get into farming? How long have you been in farming.
I grew up in a farming family
2.What is your favourite thing about farming?
Being in control of your own destiny by growing things that provides so much satisfaction
3. Your least favourite thing about farming?
Farmers do not always work together and I think we would be much stronger if we did collaborate as much as possible
4. What achievement are you most proud of?
I won a Farmers Weekly Rising Star award last year which was a great experience
5. Why should we buy British produce?
It is fresher, travels less distance, provides jobs in Britain
6. How do you think we should be promoting British?
Using the Union Jack as much as possible, everybody involved in British Food production, collaborating to give the produce as much marketing as possible.
7. What will you be having for dinner tonight?
Steak with salad
8. What are the 3 main things you like to achieve in the next 10 years?
Open my own farm shop/butchery.
Specialise our suckler herd.
Start growing veg commercially.
9. How would you like British food to be described in 10 years time?
First choice for all with full traceability and provenance.