British Food Fortnight 2018 Competition
Get involved for 2018 - How to enter:
Hold your celebratory event during or around British Food Fortnight (22nd September – 7th October 2018). Email details of your event
to email@example.com before midday on 15th October 2018. The lucky winners will
be presented with the Love British Food trophy and receive a behind-the-scenes garden tour and breakfast at Raymond Blanc’s hotel, Belmond Le Manoir
aux Quat’ Saisons, in Oxfordshire, as well as £250 of Co-op vouchers plus a case of ‘Les Pionners’ champagne. Visit lovebritishfood.co.uk for more
details and for ideas.
Terms & conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, except for employees of Telegraph Media Group Limited, their agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To enter this competition, participants must send their entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants must 1) Describe their main activity and use pictures where possible, 2) Describe what difference your event has made to the community. The final shortlisted events will be asked for more information. Entries may be supported by up to three photographs.
4. All entries must be received by midday on Monday, October 15th, 2018.
5. All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
6. All entries must be submitted by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
7. The competition is open to all groups, formal or informal.
8. Copyright in all entries submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Telegraph Media Group Limited and Love British Food to feature any or all of the submitted entries in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition. Entrants will not receive remittance for such publication, though their work will be credited.
9. An entry to the competition serves as written confirmation from the responsible adult that consent has been gained from all individuals (or their parent/guardian in the event that they are under the age of 18) for the use of the photographic images submitted, to include the use of individual’s name, likeness and biographic and other information for purposes of publicity and promotion.
10. There is no limit on the number of nominations but nominations are restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. The judges will select one overall winning initiative and one runner-up which, in the sole opinion of the judges, best demonstrate the following criteria:
Competition entries will be judged on the extent to which they:
- Celebrate British food within their community: help people discover British products they have not been aware of before and promote local producers.
- Strengthen the local community through the fun of celebrating food and bring colour to the lives of people from different sectors of society.
- Support the economy, encouraging people to visit and buy from British producers and retailers.
- Use new and innovative ways of celebrating British Food. New initiatives or established initiatives with new features will be particularly recognized.
12. The judging panel comprises Raymond Blanc, Liz Earle, Alexia Robinson, representative from Co-op and a representative from The Telegraph. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The organisers of the winning entry will receive The Telegraph and Love British Food 2018 trophy plus breakfast and a behind the scenes tour of the gardens at Raymond Blanc’s Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons. The prize is for a maximum of 10 guests, prize dates to be taken at the discretion of Le Manoir (excluding weekends). The prize does not include travel or overnight stays. In addition, the winner will receive a case of Co-op award winning ‘Les Pionniers’ champagne and £250 in Co-op vouchers.
14. In the event of the Promoter being unable to contact the winning organisers or of their being unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
15. The winning organisers will be required to take part in publicity.
16. The overall winning events will be featured in The Sunday Telegraph on a date following the judging meeting.
17. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
18. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Promoter Telegraph Media Group Limited, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT.