Email update: British Food Fortnight 2015 - What will you do?
This year everyone is joining in and showing their support for British and local producers during British Food Fortnight - watch our short film to hear why chef Raymond Blanc, TV gardener Chris Collins and Olivier Blanc think that now is more important than ever to get involved in growing, cooking and celebrating home produce.
With just over six weeks to prepare, now is the time to start planning!
Why should I get involved?
Food production, security and traceability are seriously important, as is the impact of what we eat on our nation's health and public services. Simply put, British food matters, PLUS it's great fun discovering, preparing and eating it!
From a simple British family meal, to whole communities coming together, it's easy for everyone to do something for British Food Fortnight. Pubs and restaurants, cafes and canteens, farmers and fishmongers, will all be promoting their industries during the fortnight with British menus, producer open days, special promotions and local food suppers. Keep an eye on what's happening in your area as the fortnight draws closer...
AND there are prizes to be won. For fanatical foodies, there's a chance to get your hands on a mouth watering Fortnum and Mason Mayfair hamper and, for community groups what bigger money-can't-buy opportunity than an exclusive guided tour of the gardens at Raymond Blanc's Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, followed by breakfast in the Michelin starred hotel?
What can I do?
- Organise a British Food Fortnight event and be in with a chance of winning an exclusive tour of Raymond Blanc's garden with our Harvest Heroes competition.
- Get involved with us on social media and a Fortnum & Mason Mayfair hamper, brimming with British goodies could be delivered to your door.
- Make a special effort to check the labels on products you buy and to support your local butchers, greengrocers and farm shops during the fortnight - you never know what you might discover!
- Download our promotional posters and bunting and use them to decorate the venue for your British Food Fortnight celebration or promotion.
- Visit one of the hundreds of events taking place across the UK - see our interactive map to find out what's happening near you. If you are organising an event, tell us about it and we will add it to the list.
- If you are still stuck for ideas, visit our 14 things you can do for British Food Fortnight webpage for inspiration and simple tips.