Press Release: Cucina partners with Love British Food for British Food Fortnight
School caterer working with celebrity chef to develop special 'British Classics' range.
Pioneering school caterer Cucina Restaurants, the first school food company to install high calibre chefs into each of its school kitchens, has become a partner of Love British Food, the organisers of British Food Fortnight; the UK's national celebration of the very best of British food, drink and British food traditions.
Among the activities being organised to celebrate the fortnight are the National Harvest Service in which schools are invited to present harvest boxes featuring food from their own region of Britain, and a competition to find the best community-organised harvest event.
Cucina is working with one of London's top chefs to develop its own 'British Classics' range for the two-week event.
Commenting on Cucina's partnership, British Food Fortnight founder and organiser Alexia Robinson said:
"I am delighted to welcome Cucina as a partner of Love British Food this year. Cucina’s values fit perfectly with those of Love British Food – their determined use of good food in schools, and in a way that really inspires children to eat it, shows exactly what can be achieved in the education sector. The result is an outstandingly positive one for children, schools and the wider community. We look forward to working closely with Cucina and supporting their ongoing work."
Cucina's owner and Managing Director Steve Quinn said:
"I am delighted that we will be partnering with Love British Food for British Food Fortnight, an annual event which does so much to help people enjoy the diverse food of Britain. In its pursuit of true excellence, the work of Love British Food ties in so well with our own drive to make school food the best it can be. We have some exciting initiatives planned for this year's event and we are looking forward to a long and fruitful partnership in the years to come."
Notes to editors
* Cucina, the first UK catering company to put trained chefs into school kitchens, now operates restaurants at 47 British state secondary schools and academies, with Head Chefs preparing a wide range of fresh food choices daily
* Cucina works in partnership with client schools, developing and maintaining school gardens and a range of educational programmes and initiatives
* British Food Fortnight (20 September - 5 October 2014), organised by Love British Food, is a national food promotion now in its 13th year, which brings communities together to celebrate the best of British food and British food traditions. It also aims to reinvigorate the tradition of celebrating the harvest with a competition to find the best community-organised harvest event, the National Harvest Service for children and a fun social media campaign #HarvestFever. For more information see: www.lovebritishfood.co.uk
* The 2014 British Food Fortnight National Harvest Service will take place in Birmingham Cathedral on 20 October 2014
Cucina Restaurants: email@example.com, 07973751039
Love British Food: firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 323 97032
Latest Press Releases
- Press release: West Country Food Adventures
- Press Release: Calling Local Communities
- Press Release: Food Service Sector invited to make British the first supplier of choice for British Food Fortnight